History ~ the current Holy Trinity building

The current Holy Trinity site was purchased for £150 in 1906 and was opened for service in 1918.

It was a real celebration for the congregation and the current minister Rev Fowler, who, when he had arrived, the church building fund held £478 and a pile of bricks. Thanks to the time invested by those who focused on making the Harvest Festival celebration (which still occurs annually) a real success, the fund now stood at £1,000 and they also had a lot more bricks!

With a visit by the current Bishop on the 6th of February 1918, the foundation stone was laid.

The building was finished and in July 1918, at the opening service of the new building, there was only one surviving worshiper who had been present at the opening of the old wooden building 50 years prior.